What’s ZAP IDE you ask? Why, it’s the first version of the ZAP (ZPUino Arduino Papilio) Soft Processor IDE, that’s what! It’s basically ZPUino and AVR8, all in one. How about more of the nuts and bolts? Let’s ask Jack:
- All soft processors together in one release, the ZPUino and AVR8 together and a framework for any future Soft Processors.
- ZPUino board types are associated with their corresponding bit file. Just select, “Burn Bootloader” and the ZPUino version you need is loaded to your Papilio board. No more searching the website and trying to figure out what ZPUino bit file you need.
- Code Examples built in that are specific to what Soft Processor you are using.
- ZPUino code examples specify what kind of board type/ZPUino variant is required. Just select the required board type, burn the bootloader, and run the code.
- ZPUino documentation for:
You can find more on the ZAP IDE topic by checking out the ZAP IDE forum thread. You can find more on the release notes and join in the discussion there!
(via the forums)