Hackers, are you ready for the first Gadget Factory Hacker Challenge? Do you want to win a $40.00 gift card to spend on anything your heart desires at the GF Store? Here’s the deal: YOU design and implement a way to make the Ethernet module pictured above work with your Papilio board. You WIN a $40.00 gift card to the store! Simple enough.
Ethernet functionality. It has long been a requested feature for the Papilio FPGA dev boards. And the Gadget Factory community has what it takes, so let’s make this happen! In the first (of hopefully many) Hacker Challenges, the community of Papilio users and developers are going to put our heads together to hack this module and make the results open to the community.
- (No purchase required) You must hack a way for the ENC28J60 used in this module to work with any and all Papilio FPGA boards.
- Post your working code (Arduino code and a library for the Arduino IDE, or VHDL code) to the Hacker Challenge thread on the forums.
- Must be repeatable so every Papilio user can benefit – embrace the open-sourceyness!
- Designs that are repeatable, work with both the Papilio board and the Ethernet module will win one of three $40.00 gift cards to the Gadget Factory Store.
- So, the three of you that make the most meaningful contributions to the design will get a gift card! Those contributions can be:
- Post your working code (Arduino code and a library for the Arduino IDE, or VHDL code)
- Write documentation
- Make improvements to documentation or code
The endgame here is to create a design that anyone with a Papilio and this particular Ethernet module could use successfully for their own projects. In the true spirit of open source, when we put our heads together as a community, we all win!
So get crackin’ – get hackin’!