I know its been quiet at Gadget Factory but I have been working overtime to develop a modular system to plug a suite of peripherals into the Butterfly Platform hardware. The designs have been sent off to the board house and there will be a slew of activity on the website very soon. The modules are called “Wings” as in Butterfly Wings and here is a list of designs that were sent to the board house:
- AVR Wing – This allows an Arduino Pro Mini to be used with the Spartan 3E FPGA Cocoon.
- MicroSD Card Wing – Connect and use a Micro SD card.
- LCD Wing – Connect an HD44780 compatible LCD.
- Zigbee Wing – Connect the MaxStream Zigbee module.
- 1 Axis Stepper Wing – Control a stepper motor.
- PS/2 Wing – Connect a keyboard, mouse, or barcode scanner.
- LED/Button Wing – Has 4 LED’s and 4 Buttons.
- Infrared Wing – Has an IRDA module with CIR support, a 38Khz IR detector, and an IR LED.
- Buffer Wing – 32 bits of buffered lines to connect -.7V to 7V signals. Direction can be controlled for every 8 bits.
- Wiznet Ethernet Wing – A design derived from the Arduino Ethernet Shield.
Look for more information on the website over the next several weeks as they are tested out and documented.
Also in the works, but a ways out, is a Virtual Breadboarding application.