Here is an interesting project we found over at jayakody2000lk.blogspot.com the project is called Kidogo, it is an 8 channel USB Digital Signal Injector. Definitely worth a look:
“Kidogo system consists with Signal Editor and USB interface module. Kidogo Player is the Signal Editor of the Kidogo system and it can support up to 512 time slots (each range between 1ms to 1s) with 8 channels.”
The Kidogo Player is designed for Microsoft Windows OS and it has many features, we can list some of them here:[checklist]
- Save waveforms and settings as binary file or export waveform as a text file
- Playback controls such as “Play to segment”, “Play from segment”, “Step back”, “Step next” and “Clear”
- Shifting and rotating waveforms
- Invert, Reset, Clocking and Binary Generator functions
- Mute function to each individual channel
- Launch without any installation or configuration
Kidogo is an open hardware project and the original article is complete with full source code and PCB designs.
Click here for the article, enjoy!
Feel free to discuss this project in the comments thread.
Read the article to watch a video showing a 3D view of Kidogo USB Interface and read the text from the youtube video page.
Full text from Youtube Video page:
“Kidogo is 8 channel USB self powered digital signal injector. Kidogo system consists with Signal Editor and USB interface module. This USB interface module is based around Microchip’s PIC18F2550 microcontroller and generate 5V CMOS and TTL compatible outputs.
Dimensions of current version of Kidogo USB interface is 53mm x 40mm (using standard through-hole components) and this can be reduce into more by using PCB layout based on SMD components.”