For anyone who wants to explore FPGA synthesizers, make MIDI controlled instruments, or just play with audio in general this Wing is for you!
We’ve been playing with audio for a couple months now and are finally ready to release this hardware and several exciting new ZPUino sketches. Thanks to all the amazing new features available with the ZPUino 1.0 release we will be releasing the following sketches at a new Papilio Audio Wiki:[checklist]
- YM2149 Audio Chip YM stand alone player – ZPUino allows ym files to be loaded to SPI Flash and played without a computer.
- YM2149 YM Streamer – Stream YM files over the USB port.
- YM2149 MIDI Synthesizer – Ever wanted to play the audio chip used in the Atari ST, Intellivision, and Frogger with a MIDI keyboard?
- C64 SID stand alone player – Play SID files from SPI Flash
- C64 SID Streamer – Stream SID files over USB port.
- C64 SID Synthesizer – Play the legendary Commodore 64 audio chip with a MIDI keyboard while using an Arduino sketch to define instruments.
The MIDI Audio Wing has the following features:[checklist]
- MIDI In port with opti-isolation
- 1/8th” Stereo Audio jack driven by Delta-Sigma DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)